Michael Godsey is a K-12 administrator, longtime high school English teacher, contributing writer at The Atlantic, speaker/facilitator, and creator of innovative—yet wise—ELA resources for teachers.
After teaching English for more than 15 years, I’ve noticed a common thread among ELA teachers: we’re all working to balance countless, and seemingly ever-shifting demands from a variety of stakeholders. We all want to serve our students as best as we possibly can, and typically that means we put in hours (upon hours) of our personal time outside the classroom in that pursuit.
I’m here to lighten your load by empowering you with resources to:
- Engage even the most disengaged students
- Reclaim your nights and weekends
- Shake things up by bringing unexpected lessons and resources into your classroom
If you’re eager to grow as a professional, and looking to reclaim your non-work hours, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are a few ways I can help, arranged in order from least to greatest investment:
- Read my past articles and blog posts. Depending on your specific interest, there’s a good chance I’ve covered an aspect of your topic already. To search my blog, just use the search box in the upper-right corner of the page. To see a list of my published articles, click here.
- Subscribe to my updates. I currently publish a couple of new blog posts and external articles a month, along with a new lesson plans. I blog on how to apply “next gen” teaching strategies in your classroom, while retaining pedagogical wisdom, grounded in results. As a freelancer, I cover how today’s educational trends impact students, teachers, and the educational community in general. By subscribing, you’ll get my latest thinking delivered straight to your inbox, along with the opportunity to download my latest lesson plans for free. We don’t send more than two emails a month, and you can unsubscribe at any time. Click to activate your free subscription.
- Buy one of my teaching resources (lesson plans). You can find them all in my store, and they’re designed to be a turn-key solution for teachers of all experience levels. Whether you’re a first-year teacher looking to ease some of the burden of your new role, or a veteran teacher looking for fresh ideas, we created these plans with you in mind. I say “we,” because my lesson plans represent the best of my ideas, which have then been refined, organized, and beautifully designed by my wife (and business partner), Melissa. Click here to browse my resource store.
- Book me as a speaker. I’ve been speaking publicly for more than 12 years. I’ve keynoted baccalaureate events, facilitated workshops for districts, departments and conferences, and delivered presentations to business organizations and community groups. If you have an event you would like me to consider, please email Melissa directly.
If you have something else in mind, feel free to e-mail me.